Monday, February 1, 2010

Generations before my Camera

During a long career in film making I had the opportunity to photograph actors from different generations - like father and son or mother and daughter etc. Some times it was father , son and grand son too! In my recent Malayalam film INGANAYUM ORAAL Vinu Mohan and his uncle Sai Kumar were acting together. I had worked with Sai Kumar's father the legendary actor Kottarakkara Sreedharan Nair in M.T.Vasudevan Nair's film NIRMALYAM way back in 1975. Vinu Mohan's mother Sobha Mohan is Kottarakkara's daughter and she had also acted in some of my films, the latest one being YUGAPURUSHAN.

Myself, Sai Kumar & Vinu Mohan

One such combination was the Late M.G Soman, his son Saji Soman and grandson. Saji Soman and his son had acted in my film BHARATHAN some time back.

With M.G.Soman

With Saji Soman and Son


With Raghavan


With Raghavan's son Jishnu


Some of the other popular combinations with whom I had worked are - Prema and daughter Shoba, Sukumaran, Mallika and son Prithviraj, Balan K Nair and son Meghanathan, T.G.Ravi and son Sreejith, Sudheesh and his father Sudakaran etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment